Interested in trying out for baseball? Here's what you need to do.
1. Be enrolled at Washington High School.
2. Come by Room 203 to get an informational packet from Coach O'Quinn.
3. Make sure you have at least a 2.0 GPA, although we look for players who strive for more than the minimum.
4. Each student athlete will create a profile on the athletic clearance website (link below) and complete the required documentation with a parent/guardian. Select "Washington (Pensacola)" when selecting a school. All required forms (EL2, EL3, and Drug Consent) can be found on the BTWHS school website under Athletics (also linked below). If you have any questions, please see Coach O'Quinn.
5. Complete three National Federation of High Schools certifications using the link below. Once completed, all certificates should be uploaded to the student athlete's profile within athleticclearance.com. A screen shot from a phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, or any other means of evidencing completion (JPEG, PDF, etc) of the NFHS certifications are suitable to be uploaded to the student-athlete profile.
- Certifications to be completed are: - Concussion in Sports - Heat Related Illness - Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Once all paperwork has been completed in its entirety, it will be reviewed by the athletic director and approved or denied. Once approved the student will appear on Coach O'Quinn's list of approved baseball participants and is then eligible to participate.